Tuesday, October 10, 2006
If you were super close childhood friends (for two years, to be exact) and now you're no longer close anymore. (as in not contacting or even seeing each other except for the occasional bumps here n there) Would you consider him or her as your best friend?
I guess some people have that misconception, taking the term best friends ever so lightly. It's funny and weird when someone calls you that, for I have this childhood friend of mine. Me n him: We were as close as hell. He was there at my birthday party when no other friend would be there cos none of them were invited. Only my cousins. Even my grandmother knew his name. We'd go to each other's houses and play with lego and whatnots. Then I switched kindergartens at 5. Then we hardly ever contacted each other.
Right up til we were in secondary school. I didn't knew he was my old time pal til I was in 2nd year. (after further confirmations with my parents, grandparents and digging up old photographs ok) So you can see how far we've grown apart.
And til this day I still hardly see him. Yet he still calls me his Best Friend.
I quote his words from the testi he gave me: "U are Special to me..totally special..because u r MY VERI BEST FRIEND....hehe....u want to know wat people.she's the onli fwen that i've known from small, till we r now..."
That's a tad too much; but I guess I've come to appreciate what he thinks of me. Though i hardly regard him as my bestie. It's nice to know that someone still regards you as a friend even after so long, and best of all, still treasures and appreciates a friendship that blossomed so long ago. Haha.
So Firdausi, whatever you say ok. And oh well..Friends forever, I guess.. Haha.

P.S. Firah: I love you and the girls to bits and pieces too! I'm glad you're a fighter and not quiting. Rai, sad to say, I love you also. Even though you've moved. =(
X O X O; 1:02 pm